Careers and Opportunities at Hospice Toronto
Job Title: Client Services Coordinator
Status: Full Time (35 hours per week)
Hospice Toronto is Toronto’s first not-for-profit, volunteer-based, in-home hospice palliative care program and is recognized as a leader in the development of innovative home hospice services and programs. We work collaboratively with other agencies and professionals in the hospice palliative care sector.
Hospice Toronto is committed to excellence in client and caregiver care and continues to respond to the changing health care climate. The successful candidates will be an energetic, highly motivated team member committed to the delivery of in-home hospice services and comfortable working with people who are coping with progressive life-threatening conditions, grief and bereavement.
The primary responsibility is the coordination of high quality care and support for Hospice Toronto’s palliative clients, families and caregivers. The successful candidate will be responsible for client intake and on-going assessment, providing coordination and mentoring of hospice volunteers and care teams; case coordination with internal and external interdisciplinary providers (community and health service agencies, hospitals, physicians and other hospices). Additionally they will assist with health care navigation, providing end of life information, education, outreach, referrals and facilitating groups.
Qualifications and Education:
- University degree or equivalent education and/or experience in a regulated profession including social work, nursing etc. with a preference for those with a Palliative Care designation
- In good standing with their affiliated governing body
- Experience and commitment working with volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and approaches to person/family centered care
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of current trends, issues and practices related to Hospice Palliative Care
- Strong technical skills – Microsoft Office Suite, databases etc.
- Two to four + years of experience in Hospice Palliative Care/ Case Management/ Health Services preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of home care, hospice, palliative care, advance directives, pain and symptom management, grief and bereavement and discharge planning
- Experienced group facilitator
- Current Ontario driver’s license, auto insurance and access to a reliable car is an asset
- Fluency in other languages is an asset
As the ideal candidate for this role you are:
- Compassionate, sensitive and patient
- Committed to interdisciplinary and interprofessional teamwork
- Able to collaborate and work in a growing and changing environment
- Adhere to professional best practices
- Open to supporting others and one’s own learning
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings/weekends, and participate in on-call rotation
- Creative and Innovative
We are an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds.
If you are interested in this position and in joining the Hospice Toronto team, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, September 6th, 2019.
We appreciate your interest in our job opportunity; however, only those applicants best suited to the role will be contacted.