Comments, Concerns and Complaints
A Fact Sheet for Clients and Families
Thank you for choosing Hospice Toronto. We are committed to providing quality care and support to you and your family. We hope that you will be satisfied with our care and service.
We believe it is important to ensure an open dialogue that allows us to know how we have impacted you or your family to improve our support to our clients and families. We view comments, concerns and complaints as opportunities to make quality improvements. We are committed to actively listening to our clients and families comments, concerns and complaints and will work towards resolving them quickly and courteously.
We have a number of ways for you to communicate with us and we encourage you to use them as you feel they are needed.
- If you have a comment or concern, speak with your Client Service Coordinator or Manager, Volunteer Services. All feedback will be reviewed and shared internally.
- If you prefer (or if you are not satisfied with the initial response for whatever reason), speak with the Director, Clinical Services.
- If you prefer (or if you are not satisfied with the response for whatever reason), speak with the Executive Director.
- Another option that you may wish to consider is to write your comment or concern down and email or mail to Hospice Toronto. All suggestions are reviewed regularly by the team, allowing them to refer any issues to the Director, Clinical Services and/or Executive Director.
- Feedback that includes appreciation or acknowledgement of our volunteers will be shared with them. Memoriam, donation or bequests in honour of Hospice Toronto will also be shared with those involved in client care.
We are confident that use of the communication strategies outlined above will result in your satisfaction. We want to hear your comments and concerns before they become complaints. However, if your comment or concern has not been handled to your satisfaction, we have a complaints management process to help.
If you have a complaint:
- Contact the Director, Clinical Services at (416) 364-1666 ext. 230 and/or the Executive Director at ext. 225.
- We will ask you to explain the details and outline your feedback in writing. Please advise if you have tried to resolve the issue, comment or concern without success. Dependent on the details of your complaint, we may be able to resolve it right away. We will try to do so and make sure that you are satisfied.
- Sometimes, it may take a bit more time to ensure that you are satisfied. If so, we will get back to you within a few days to tell you how the issue was resolved or to tell you how much longer it may take to resolve. If we cannot resolve the issue, we will tell you why and discuss options with you.
Our commitment to you – all comments, concerns and complaints will be taken seriously and acted on promptly. Please find our staff contact list on our website. Thank you.