Services and Programs
Please call our office at 416-364-1666 and dial zero to speak to reception, or to leave a voicemail.
Please fill out the Toronto Central Palliative Care Network Common Referral Form and fax to our office at 416-364-2231 for new referrals. Or send us the Referral Update Form for any updates to referrals that have already been made.
Hospice Toronto works on a care team model, with the belief that teams of caregivers from different walks of life can best meet the needs of someone who chooses to die at home. A care team often includes spouses or partners, families, friends, neighbours, colleagues, doctors, nurses, personal support workers and volunteers.
We can help set up the team, provide team members with training and support, and supplement the team with skilled volunteers if required.
Hospice volunteers may do the following:
- “Kit for Kids” our children’s support program
- Respite for caregivers
- Light meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Helping with mobility, including in and out of bed and around the home
- Providing a variety of non-medical comfort measures, personal care and mouth care
- Accompany to the store, religious services, for a walk
- Assisting with writing or scrap booking of life stories
- Reading together or watch a movie
- Playing cards or other games
- Providing complementary therapies –
(Healing Touch, Therapeutic Touch, Reiki, Reflexology, Registered Massage Therapy)
- Spiritual support
- One-on-one bereavement support