Volunteers are the heart of hospice
The history of Hospice Toronto begins with a group of individuals coming together to volunteer to care for a member of their community. Decades later, volunteers remain the foundation of our community-based hospice programs. As a non-profit registered charity, Hospice Toronto relies on our volunteers in all areas of the organization, from front line service to Board of Directors, to raising awareness about hospice palliative care and the funds to support our efforts.
Our dedicated, compassionate team of about 250 volunteers work with our staff to assist approximately 400 individuals and hundreds of families each year.
Roles With Direct Client Contact
Any role involving direct client contact requires a thorough screening and training process, which includes:
- attending an information session (see dates)
- submitting an application
- attending a one-hour interview (provide contact information for two references, as detailed on application form)
- providing a clear vulnerable-sector screening police check
- attending a core training program (30+ hours, delivered online and in person)
Volunteer Positions with Direct Client Contact
Please see links below for more information and position descriptions.
All volunteer roles involving direct client contact require a one-year commitment, approximately 2 to 4 hours per week. Client-facing volunteer roles require completion of COVID-19 training protocols. Some virtual volunteer roles are also available.
Volunteer Roles Without Direct Client Contact
These roles have variable time commitments and require attendance at an Information Session, submitting application and screening interview process.
- Board & Committee Volunteers
- Event Volunteers
- Social Media/Creative Writing Volunteers