Thank you for the care, warmth and compassion you showed us at a most difficult time. We will always have your kindness in our hearts.
Hospice Toronto staff and volunteers offer physical, emotional, spiritual, and practical support using a holistic model of care. This year we have increased the number of volunteers supporting each client and family. We continue to strengthen our relationships with Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Temmy Latner Centre for Palliative Care, Michael Garron Hospital, PEACH, North York General Hospital, Wellspring Cancer Support Network, Gilda’s Club of Greater Toronto, University of Toronto and York University and other community partners.
Through the work of our In-Home Support Program, we seek to:
- provide continuity of care
- offer services that are integrated with other community support services
- facilitate the choice of being cared for in the home by those with a life-threatening illness
- connect clients to the full range of support they need
- educate clients and the public about important issues in hospice care and the multitude of options available to individuals and families
- ensure that Hospice Toronto is accessible to the diverse communities within our service area
- advocate for excellence in end-of-life care